about café de jaren
Café de Jaren, open since 1990, is a bright and spacious café located in the centre of Amsterdam, between Muntplein and the Amsterdam Music Theatre on Waterlooplein. Inside, high-ceilinged spaces make an attractive setting for the bar and restaurant. And at the back, the first-floor balcony and sunny canal-side terrace on the Kloveniersburgwal offer views across the River Amstel. With its own jetty, the café can also be visited by boat.
Café de Jaren owes its popularity to the quality of the food and drink it serves, the reading table, the canal-side terrace and balcony, the variety of tucked-away places to sit, and the light and spacious atmosphere. And last but not least, the hospitality. The two floors of the café are joined by an atrium.
Our first-floor balcony is non smoking. reservations on the balcony is possible.
Welcome at De Jaren.
These are challenging times for all of us. Therefore we have made a few adjustments to ensure you are still feeling safe and welcome at Café de Jaren. Our main focus is to secure everyone’s health & safety.
– Hand sanitizers have been placed at the entrance, and are ready to use
– We have reorganised tables and seatings in order to ensure the 1.5 metres social distance between guests
– Extensive cleaning is conducted in the cafe and restrooms to keep areas clean and disinfected.
– Our team is wearing face protection masks. Guests are not obliged, but we urgently recommend you to do so.
– We welcome you at our spacious two-floored cafe with separate entrances or on one of our spacious terraces.
– If you are not feeling well or have any symptoms of Covid, we kindly ask you to stay home